DIY Hologram Clutch

By Trilby Goouch
Blogs Editor

We’re always up for a DIY project, especially when it comes to fashion. QJBlogs is bringing you a simple, inexpensive project that takes no time at all and leaves you with a great looking finished product. With holiday and New Years parties approaching, this clutch is the perfect party accessory!

What You Need:
• A plastic envelope with Velcro closure
Where to buy: Staples or other school supply shops which stock them in various sizes. You can also check out The Campus Bookstore for file folders with Velcro closure
• Holographic wrapping paper or scrapbook paper (enough that you’ll be able to cover the front, back and flap of the envelope
• Scissors
• Glue stick or sticky adhesive strips
• Fine sharpie or pen

How to make your clutch:

1. On a flat surface, place the clear envelope on top of holograph paper. Make sure the hologram side is face down.

2. Trace around the envelope using a fine-point marker, and cut around all sides. You should have a total of three cutouts: one for the front of the envelope, one for the backside, and one for the flap.
3. Apply glue generously to the front of the envelope; carefully place paper on top (holograph side out) and smooth. Repeat with back and flap of envelope.

4. To ensure a clean look, trim any excess film off the edges.

DIY adapted from www.whowhatwear.com