By Trilby Goouch
Any fashion blog browser knows that studs are back and here to stay. Though studded boots might be a little too much for some, studded collars are a great alternative to add a touch of embellishment to update your wardrobe. Why spend $50 at Topshop when you can DIY for under $10?
What You Need
• Package of silver or gold studs (you can purchase these at any craft or fabric store i.e. Michal’s Arts and Crafts in Kingston)
• A collared shirt or denim jacket (opt for a sturdy material since you will be puncturing it with studs)
• Kitchen knife
• Lay your shirt/jacket out with the collar in turned down
• Decide on how you would like to stud; you can stick to studded collar tips or go all out and embellish the entire collar
• Carefully poke the stud through the shirt so that the 2 posts come through the underside of the collar
• Use a knife to bend the posts flat against the underside
Adapted from blog.boatpeopleboutique.com
When commenting, be considerate and respectful of writers and fellow commenters. Try to stay on topic. Spam and comments that are hateful or discriminatory will be deleted. Our full commenting policy can be read here.