Men’s office wear

Men’s office wear can be a little hard to navigate, especially in the summer when splashes of colour are making their appearances down the cubicle row. Deciphering what’s imitable and what’s tacky can be a pretty big feat when all you want to do is throw on a v-neck and call it another day at the office. But get heads turning and make some impressions this summer with these trending outfits just for the men:

First Impression – Blazers and slim cargos

Blazers can do wonders and make the best impressions. I can’t exaggerate how much a blazer can transform a guy from sloppy and unprepared looking to business-ready. The most important part about a blazer is the cut. Blazers should be tapered and have a sharp cut. Never leave the house in a disheveled, ill-fitting blazer because the upper half is always what we’ll see first. Pair your blazer with a subtle shade of pants – maroon does the trick here as a muted and warm colour that adds more personality than any bland black pant would. Slim cargos also add the right amount of casual, while a matching skinny tie will really bring your outfit together.

Summer Fun – A pop of colour

Ladies aren’t the only ones that should be having fun with neon fluorescent colours this summer. Some may say it’s tacky, but designer Salvatore Ferragamo’s SS13 collection proves otherwise – he brought neon to the catwalk, making it look like a tasteful and imitable palette. Just remember the best things come in moderation so aim for one colour popping statement piece; mixing too many colours could either clash and be overpowering. Whether you choose a bright pair of pants, a top or footwear, always offset and accentuate your neon with subtle inconspicuous colours. My friend’s navy pants, striped shirt and light gray sneakers work nicely to offset the bright jacket.

Casual Fridays – Laidback denim with khaki

Everyone’s favourite day at the office is the end of the week. Feeling the weekend’s relaxed vibes is so much easier in a laid back denim shirt on top of a striped cotton tee. A denim shirt is the perfect statement shirt that doesn’t compromise style. For casual Fridays, it doesn’t get any better with slouchy dark khakis and worn-in sneakers. To perfect this summer look, go for ankle-cropped trousers instead of full-length pants. Most importantly, take this casual look to guy chic with details like a striped shirt instead of a plain tee. Once you roll those sleeves and sparsely button-up, you’re office-ready and very little stands between you and the weekend.

Clothes, Fashion, Men, Office