Staying chic with fall footwear

As we enter the transitional season between fall and winter, it’s time to consider the perfect footwear to really pull together your fall outfits. That’s right ladies, get ready to break out those leggings, oversized cardigans and knitted sweaters – and bring those boots, flats and loafers too!

After all, you want to feel the breeze and step on the falling leaves with the right pair of shoes.

Riding Boots

Patterned, heel or no heel, long riding boots are always a prime choice for fall. Riding boots are the boots that come up just below your knees, covering all of your calves. For the most convenience, wear skinny jeans or any form-fitting pant in order to keep the legs flattering and without any discomfort. Riding boots also make for great statement footwear – so dress down with no need for fancy tops! The height of the boots will already be the focal point of your outfit.

Studded Flats/Loafers

Channel the 90s punk revival with studded accessories that enhance any outfit. You’ll have the best of both worlds by combining the classic design of ballet flat with a twist of punk glam. Ballet flats are known to be one of the oldest trends of shoes for women, making its mark in the fashion world ever since the 16th century. Loafers likewise bring the comfort of menswear to the ladies realm of footwear. They’re definitely a mainstay in the industry and provide the perfect comfort for those walks across campus, and adding accessories with a metallic gleam such as studs will definitely accent your footwear. If you ever want to feel bold or glamorous with your fashion, you won’t regret choosing studded flats!

Ankle Boots

If you’re trying to take every last opportunity to wear your summer clothes, ankle boots are the perfect footwear to pair with your outfit. Long skirts, casual dresses or even shorts paired with an oversized cardigan and sheer tights underneath make for a polished look with ankle boots. Try black leather ankle boots for the days you’re feeling bold, adding a chunkier pair of heels to make a strong emphasis. If you’re feeling creative, patterned or beaded boots will give off a boho chic vibe. With neutral colours such as grey, you can opt for any colour of clothing – go light or dark depending on your mood that day.

Ankle boots of muted colours are especially versatile and allow you to add a pop of statement colour with a handbag or garment. Textured boots jazz up the chromatic look: Snakeskin boots showcase the fierce and independent side of your style. Pair any suede ankle boots with leggings or skinny jeans, as it elongates your legs and giving off the casual everyday yet stylish look.

Though it may be time to cover those pedicures, fall footwear allows a lot of fun opportunities to play with edgy details and patterns. So take up your fashion mileage in comfort this fall with our fall recommendations.

boots, comfy trend, Fashion, footwear, loafers