CESA goes to Ormiston

‘We think they’ll do a fabulous job’

Todd Ormiston
Todd Ormiston

Concurrent Education Students Association President-elect Todd Ormiston and his running-mates got some exciting news last night.

“We jumped up and down, screamed loudly, called all our friends and then headed straight to Queen’s Pub,” he said.

Ormiston and his teammates incoming vice-president (external) Erika McRae and vice-president (internal) Erika Lindstrom, received 64 per cent of the 270 votes cast.

“For the most part, we got really positive feedback for our first-year buddy program … so that will be our focus,” Ormiston said.

Outgoing CESA vice-president (internal) Sinead Fitzsimons said the current executive is happy with the results of the election.

“We think they’ll do a fabulous job,” she said. “We are proud to be passing the torch to them.”

Maggie Cattanach, presidential candidate for team Cattanach-LaValée-Tran, said she has no regrets about her team’s campaign.

“I’m glad we did it,” she said. “The highlight was just working with these two wonderful people and getting to know a lot more ConEd students. It was really fun hearing what people wanted.”

Cattanach said it was a long, tense night waiting for the results but that she and vice-presidential candidates Lauren LaValée and Liz Tran had fun joking around with each other.

She said she thinks Ormiston and his team will do a good job.

“I look forward to working with CESA next year,” she said. “I wish them all the best and good luck.”