News in Brief

Tindall Field construction project to be completed by October

The Tindall Field construction project is expected to be completed by the end of October, Construction Director Jacques Sauve said.

Sauve said the parking garage being installed beneath the field is set to open in mid-October and will contain 580 parking spaces.

The Tindall Field project was initially scheduled to be completed by the end of August 2008. The renovation was undertaken to refurbish the playing surface on the field and add more parking on campus.

Sauve said the delay was caused by inclement weather.

“A lot of it had to do with weather over the summer,” he said. “But we’re catching up.”

He said construction costs for Tindall Field total $21 million.

The total cost of the project, encompassing the field, landscaping and parking facilities is expected to come to $34.7 million.

—Lauren Miles

Ethical investing guidelines to be released in December

The University is planning to release its new guidelines on ethical investing for public scrutiny during the first week of October. The finalized guidelines are expected to be released in December.

“The draft will be available to the University community for input and comments upon its introduction to the Board in early October,” Vice President (Operations and Finance) Andrew Simpson said.

“The goal is to consider and integrate input from the community and finalize the statement for Board approval in December.”

The draft guidelines were originally set to be released to the Board of Trustees in May, 2008.

–Lauren Miles