Vol. 143 Editors in Chief elected

Journal Features Editor Sebastian Leck and Editorials Editor Anisa Rawhani were voted in as incoming Editors in Chief for Volume 143 (2015-16) of the Journal.

Leck and Rawhani, who ran as a team, won with a 91.3 per cent vote of confidence. The team received 21 votes for and two against, with a 48 per cent voter turnout.

The team has committed to three key points: education, outreach and design. They hope to increase training and transition of staff, increase engagement and expand digital content.

They plan to change the position of Marketing Manager to Outreach Manager, and add a Digital Editor position. The Digital Editor will act as a resource for other staff members on digital initiatives and work on building web elements and microsites.

Although they were the sixth team in a row to run uncontested, Rawhani, ArtSci ’15, said the vote of confidence still means a lot to them.

“That actually means a lot that people feel [that] confident in us,” she said.

Outgoing editor in chief Vincent Ben Matak said the two are very well suited for the role and did well in their campaign.

“They answered questions very well during the Q&A and I’m very excited to see what they have in store,” said Matak, ArtSci ’14.

Both incoming editors say their focus now will be on figuring out the hiring situation.

“Right now we’re looking at hiring and basically figuring out who’s going to be on the Journal for next year, and try to create some preliminary plans for what we’re going to start doing this summer,” said Leck, ArtSci ‘15.

The two said they were very overwhelmed and excited by the vote.

“Right now, I’m just thinking about QP,” Leck said.