A cheesy love affair

Image by: Kiera Liblik
Homemade pizza.

No relationship has been more fulfilling and reliable in my life than that between myself and a good slice of pizza. 

The instant satisfaction of gooey cheese melted over warm dough and one of thousands, no — millions, of combinations of toppings, is incomparable. It can only be topped by the state of absolute nirvana that’s achieved by consuming cold pizza the next day. 

Why rely on a delivery guy and some pizza place for one of life’s greatest pleasures when you could do just as good, if not a better job, at cooking it yourself? Take your life (or pizza) into your own hands and follow this easy recipe to a mouth-watering paradise.

Ingredients: Serves 4-5

Crust

2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup milk
¼ cup butter (room temperature)
¼ teaspoon salt 

Toppings (feel free to customize)

¼ jar of tomato sauce (around 160 ml)
5 bocconcini balls
Half of a red, a yellow and an orange pepper

Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. 

2. Combine all crust ingredients in a large bowl. Stir manually or with dough hook mix on low speed until a uniform ball forms.

3. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and dust hands and rolling pin with flour.

4. Pat dough into ball and set on baking sheet.

5.  Roll dough to desired thickness (1/4 inch recommended) and top as desired. I used tomato sauce, bocconcini and  cut up red, yellow and orange peppers.

6. Cook for 10-12 minutes and enjoy!

Recipe adapted from House of Yumm.

Campus cooking, pizza