A guide to downtown grub hubs

A mouth-watering pounair from Mr.Donair’s.

Whether you’ve danced up an appetite or you’re making a trip to Princess St. solely for the food, there are plenty of places for you to grab a late night bite downtown.

So if your definition of variety is switching between Little Caesars and Papa John’s, take a look at this list of five local restaurants open late.

Tommy’s

377 Princess St.

What better time for breakfast than 3:00 a.m., right? Tommy’s is a ’70s-style diner that’s open 24 hours on weekends. 

A few steps down from the nightlife core, you can sit down, rest your feet and dig into a classic eggs and toast breakfast for under $7. 

Monday to Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. Thursday to Sunday: 24 hours

Mr. Donair

163 Division St.

If you walk by this small, stand-alone building on any weekend night, it’s a given that people will be spilling out the door and onto the street. Mr. Donair’s signature pounairs are similar to poutine, but they’re loaded with toppings like tzatziki, lettuce and hot peppers. It’s grub worth waiting in line for.

Monday and Tuesday: 12:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Wednesday to Saturday: 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. Sunday: 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Pita Grill

383 Princess St.

If you like fried food and wraps, then Pita Grill is the place for you. Their Chicken Finger Pita basically lets you have two meals at once, and you can also add fries and onion rings into any regular pita.

Sunday to Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. Thursday to Saturday: 11:00 a.m. to 3:30 a.m.

The Brass Pub

403 Princess St.

From nachos to wings and deep fried pickles, The Brass offers all of the classic and shareable appetizers. 

It closes at the same times the clubs and pubs do, but if you can’t tear yourself away from the dance floor, you can order food here directly to Stages and Ale House. This is what dreams are made of.

Monday to Sunday: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.

Bubba’s Pizzeria

349 King St. E

Although the name would suggest otherwise, the real gem of this place is the classic poutine. No one does gravy and cheese curds better.

Monday to Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 a.m. Thursday: 1:00 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. Friday and Saturday:  11:00 a.m. to 3:30 a.m. Sunday: 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

downtown, Food, Grub, Kingston, late night, restaurants