U of T’s “Brute Force Committee” releases photos with EngSoc’s grease pole

U of T engineering group posts second press release after stealing back EngSoc’s grease pole on Sept. 13

Members of U of T’s “Brute Force Committee” pose with EngSoc's grease pole.
Image supplied by: Supplied by Brute Force Committee

It’s been a week since EngSoc’s grease pole was stolen and the thieves — U of T’s “Brute Force Committee” — say they’ve been enjoying the attention.

“We are quite enjoying our time with Queen’s slippery pole in our hands,” the committee wrote in their newest press release on Friday, Sept. 18.

In their second release since the theft, the committee released two photos of their members with the pole and say they’ll be providing ransom demands for the return of the pole soon.

It appears you don’t have a PDF plugin for this browser. No biggie… you can click here to download the PDF file.

The grease pole was stolen for the second time in 15 years on the morning of Sept. 13, less than 48 hours after it was climbed by the Class of 2019.

A day after the theft, the Queen’s Engineering Society (EngSoc) confirmed the pole had indeed been stolen. 

The rumours are true, our beloved Grease Pole has been stolen by our pranking rivals over at UofT and @Skule https://t.co/Oaq9Ac0tEA

— Engineering Society (@EngSocQueens) September 14, 2015

Once a goalpost at the U of T’s Varsity Stadium, the grease pole was stolen by a group of Queen’s students after a football game in 1955. The pole is now an icon at the annual EngSoc Orientation Week pole-climbing event, which took place most recently on Saturday, Sept. 12.

The pole was last stolen by the BFC in 2000. At the time, the BFC made a list of ransom demands for EngSoc, including beer in a tree, two turtle necks, three French toasts, four pounds of back bacon, five golden toques, six packs of 24s, seven packs of cigarettes and eight comic books.

As of Saturday afternoon, EngSoc has yet to acknowledge the latest U of T release.

Brute Force Committee, EngSoc, Frosh Week, Grease Pole, Sci `19, U of T