A guide to Homecoming style

Rugby shirts and headbands make for an easy Homecoming look.

With Homecoming fast approaching, students and alumni are mentally preparing themselves for what to wear. Whether you’re in first year and new to Queen’s festivities or an experienced upper year awaiting the endless partying, we’ve got your back (literally, so) with a few tips to show your Queen’s spirit.

This weekend, pull out your GPA jacket or tam and wear it with pride. It’s a time for alumni to return to campus, and be reminded of all their fond memories about this place they once called home. 

Homecoming provides current students with opportunities to meet alumni, learn about their experiences at Queen’s and support the Gaels. 

Taking a peak at previous Homecoming weekends, students can be seen with tricolour paint on their faces and, for the courageous ones, intense body art. Stop by the Tricolour Outlet for some Queen’s apparel. Tricolour hats, scarves or mitts are great ways to help you stay warm and stylish while celebrating our school.  

Rugby shirt

You can’t go wrong with the addition of a Queen’s rugby shirt. Throw the rugby short on top of jeans or leggings and boots for a cool and spirited outfit for the day.

Coveralls 

Coveralls with your tam on top is the easiest of all. Who said you would never get the chance to wear your frosh or Gael apparel again. Pull out those tricolour coveralls and wear them with pride. 

Crowns

Get creative with headgear. In previous years, there have been tricolour helmets, spiked hair or creative hats. Shout out to any Gael leaders, pull out those crowns from Frosh Week and wear them to the game. You can also add some ribbon into a braid of hair, tied by tricolour elastics for an extra touch of spirit. 

Queen’s tank

Sport some shorts with a Queen’s tank, and if it’s chilly, add a red, yellow or blue sweater on top for some warmth. Bring an extra layer in case it gets chilly, but one that can easily be taken off, in case the partying gets too rowdy. 

University flag

Grab any Queen’s related shirt or tank to wear under a cape, made from the university flag. Create new styles using items around your room — think outside the box for this Homecoming weekend. 

Fashion, Homecoming, Style, Tricolour