AMS hires new Commissioner of Internal Affairs

Jon Wiseman assumes role previously held by Miriam Bart

Jon Wiseman

The AMS announced today that Jon Wiseman, ArtSci ’16, has been hired as the Commissioner of Internal Affairs following the Oct. 30 resignation of Miriam Bart, ArtSci ’15.

According to the AMS press release, the AMS executive — Kanivanan Chinniah, Kyle Beaudry, and Sarah Letersky — reviewed four applications for the position before settling on Wiseman.

Last winter, Wiseman ran for ASUS executive alongside Brendan Goodman, ArtSci ’16, but lost to Brandon Jamieson and Andrew DiCapua, both ArtSci ’17.

Wiseman served as the Internal Affairs Commissioner for ASUS for the 2014-15 academic year. He currently holds the position of Politics Department Student Council (DSC) Co-President.

Sarah Letersky, vice president (university affairs), stated in the press release that she and the other members of the AMS executive are looking forward to welcoming Wiseman to the organization.

“We were very impressed with the calibre of applications we received and we’re also confident in Jon’s abilities to come into this role at the midway point in the year,” she stated.

AMS, AMS hiring, Commission of Internal Affairs, Jon Wiseman