2016 TV shows to binge watch

Image by: Gabby Altman
Take a break from school with your favourite TV shows and snack food.

A new year and new semester means fresh TV shows to watch.

After a long, restful break, coming back to the stressful routine of school isn’t ideal. But it doesn’t have to be that way. The end of winter break marks a time when shows come off hiatus and new ones premiere.

To follow is a list of new and returning shows to binge watch this chilly semester.

Master of None (Netflix)

With the first season already on Netflix, you can watch all 12 20-minute episodes and not feel too guilty afterwards. The show is written by Aziz Ansari, who’s best known for his role as Tom Haverford on Parks and Recreation. Master of None puts a humorous spin on relationships, life and the human conditions for 30-somethings.

Angie Tribeca (TBS)

This new comedic sitcom is a satire of police procedural shows like CSI and Law & Order. The show, written by Nancy and Steve Carell, stars Rashida Jones and other famous actors. TBS has made the bold decision to premiere the entire first season straight on Jan. 17 — prepare your Snuggies and popcorn for a hilarious marathon.

Married at First Sight (FYI)

If you’re looking for a ridiculous reality show, give Married at First Sight a try. The show, currently in its third season, profiles three couples who are paired up to get blindly married. The show is pure entertainment, providing lots of laughs while giving insight into unusual relationships. Married at First Sight requires limited brain power to watch, making it a perfect way to relax after a long day.

Narcos (Netflix)

Based on a true story, Narcos is about the rapid growth of cocaine cartels. The crime drama, a Netflix exclusive, was renewed for a second season that will air later this year. The show has already received critical acclaim and was nominated for two Golden Globes.

American Crime (ABC)

Heading into its second season, American Crime is an anthology crime series that covers sensitive topics, such as racial discrimination. The newest season follows the story of an over-bearing mother whose son’s reputation is threatened by a rape accusation. The show examines the accusations, as well as the trial of an elite private school boy. It’s the perfect drama for those of you who like to be kept on your toes.

American Crime, Master of None, Narcos, Netflix, shows, Student life