Queen’s announces new provost

Image supplied by: Publicity photo tweeted by @queensu

Queen’s has appointed Concordia administrator Benoit-Antoine Bacon as the next provost and vice-principal (academic) at Queen’s.

Principal Daniel Woolf made the announcement on Jan. 8 after a five-month search by an advisory selection committee chaired by Woolf.

Bacon will be succeeding Alan Harrison, who was appointed provost and vice-principal (academic) in 2011 and is set to retire at the end of his term on July 31. Bacon will begin his five-year term on August 1 of this year.

Bacon has served as the provost and vice-president, academic affairs, at Concordia University since 2013. Prior to that appointment, he served as dean of the Faculty of Arts and Science and associate vice-principal of research at Bishop’s University from 2011 to 2013.

While he took on administrative roles, Bacon has continued to conduct research and teach in the field of cognitive neuroscience. Bacon will similarly assume a tenured appointment at the rank of professor in the Queen’s Department of Psychology starting on July 1, 2016.

I’m very pleased to announce the appointment of Dr Benoit-Antoine Bacon as our next Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic). Welcome Benoit!

— Daniel Woolf (@queensprincipal) January 8, 2016

Administration, Benoit-Antoine Bacon, News in Brief, Provost