Campus dentist to open its doors in the JDUC by mid-February

Office in the JDUC was originally leased to Campus Dentist in June 2015

Image supplied by: Supplied by Liz West
New dentist office to open in the JDUC this month.

Officials at Campus Dentist — the dentist company that has leased out space in the John Deutsch University Centre (JDUC) — say their office in the JDUC will be open for service by Feb. 15.

Adding a dentist office in the JDUC was part of the platform of Team WRL, last year’s AMS executive. In May 2015, the Queen’s Board of Trustees approved the lease for the space adjacent to Luce Hair Studio and across from the Tim Hortons in the JDUC.

Campus Dentist has been operating for over 15 years with offices on four separate campuses — University of Waterloo, McMaster University, University of Guelph and University of Saskatchewan.

“Our tentative opening date is the 15th of February, but it could be as early as next week,” the company’s Vice President of Operations Marzena Wawrzyniak said.

The company is doing the finishing touches to the office, which includes the addition of computers, monitors and dental software. After opening, the office’s tentative opening hours will be from 8 a.m to 6 p.m Monday to Friday. Wawrzyniak said evening and weekend appointments will also be available.

The clinic will provide comprehensive dental treatment, including emergency care, diagnostic and restorative services, wisdom teeth removal and cosmetic surgery, and it will accept Queen’s AMS dental insurance and most other insurance plans. Students will be able to book appointments through the website or by calling the office.

“We are available to any students, staff, and faculty and public who wishes to come,” Wawrzyniak said.

Campus Dentist also works with Dr. Brian Kumer, a wisdom teeth removal specialist. Dr. Kumer travels between the Campus Dentist office locations to perform wisdom teeth extraction and implants on site.

When it first opens, the office will have one dentist, one hygienist, one assistant and one receptionist. However, Wawrzyniak said that they’ll be expanding as demand increases.

dentist, JDUC, Student life centre