Principal’s Implementation Committee on Racism, Diversity, and Inclusion launches website

Website to showcase on-going work of the committee

Image by: Ryan Pistorius
Principal Daniel Woolf at City Hall in January.

The Principal’s Implementation Committee on Racism, Diversity, and Inclusion has launched its website detailing the work and progress of the committee. 

The committee was formed during a Nov. 29 Senate meeting in response to a racist costume party that garnered national media attention weeks earlier and is tasked with implementing recommendations put forth in previous reports regarding diversity at Queen’s.

The website will showcase the on-going work done by the committee and will broadcast new information, including event dates and community forums. 

Six members sit on the committee, including two staff, two faculty, and two students. Senate chose three of the members, and Principal Woolf appointed the other three. 

The committee members include Dev Aransevia (ArtSci ’17), professor Yolande Chan, Hana Chaudhury (Comm ’17), professor Laeeque Daneshmend, staff member Nilani Loganathan, and staff member Tim Tang. 

The committee is to submit a list of actions to be implemented that include priorities, timelines, and ways to evaluate the success of the implementation to the Principal by March 31, 2017.

Principal Daniel Woolf, Principal's Implementation Committee on Racism Diversity and Inclusion