Before the demolition

Beneath the Physical Education Centre, before the ongoing construction project, two Queen's students explored abandoned facilities at night.

What used to be a gym still had old and broken equipment strewn around the room.

In September 2016, the university began demolition on the Physical Education Centre (PEC). In October, the administration announced that they had received a $31.7 million investment from the Canadian government, on top of money already allotted, to fund the building of an Innovation and Wellness Centre in its place.

Before demolition began, two students ventured inside the abandoned PEC, and shared their photographs with The Journal.

The pool in the PEC was part of a completed construction project in 1931, but had since been drained of water and put out of use. 

A mannequin, found in this position, still inhabiting an abandoned room.

When commenting, be considerate and respectful of writers and fellow commenters. Try to stay on topic. Spam and comments that are hateful or discriminatory will be deleted. Our full commenting policy can be read here.