Contributor of the Month: October

The Journal recognizes the hard work and ability of four of our writers

• News

Carolyn Thompson

In a time of political unrest in both Canada and the US we need a guiding force to explain issues from an informed position and Carolyn Thompson’s politics column “Taking My Seat” has given The Journal exactly that. She brings a fresh take, a frank perspective and informed background on various political issues around North America. We continue to look forward to having her perfectly sassy, tell it like it is perspective and voice every other week.

Abbey Dudas

Abbey Dudas started writing for The Journal with various articles but cemented herself as a talented contributor with her bi weekly column about the psychology behind various common things in university student’s lives. Her structured writing and ability to seamlessly meet deadlines has made her a major asset to the lifestyle section. We can’t wait to continue to discover more about the psychology behind the things that we encounter in our daily life with her column.

Sophie Hinton

Sophie wrote for the first issue of Volume 145 of The Journal and has been asset to our Arts coverage ever since. A friendly and uniquely creative writer, her visits to local art exhibits and her connections with our local community have made the section a stronger, more vibrant piece of newsprint with each contribution. This commitment and quality writing only make us more excited for her future contributions.

Raechel Huizinga

Over the past couple of months, Raechel Huizinga has been an outstanding contributor. She consistently volunteers to cover events and write articles, and does an excellent job every time. Each time Raechel contributes (which is very frequently), we get an extremely well-written, well-researched article — and she never disappoints. The Journal is grateful for Raechel’s reliability and enthusiasm. We can’t wait to see the work she produces in the future.

Contributor of the Month