Top quotes of the year

The Journal highlights the best lines athletes and coaches had to offer in 2017-18

Alex Colborne.
Alex Colborne.

“I felt like myself again, able to fully feel the beautiful joy and sorrow of playing what could be my last game as a Gael.” —  Women’s Rugby player Nadia Popov 

“Karma, to me, could be good or bad. [I]f you use karma to the good and you do the right things on and off the ice, you’re going to get the results.” — Men’s Hockey Head Coach Brett Gibson 

“We can anticipate people to sign over the next few years and hopefully build a dynasty.” — Cross Country Coach Steve Boyd

“Give it a couple more games and maybe we’ll get a little emotional." —  Men’s Volleyball player Markus Trence

“The next time [we] lose a football game, we’re grabbing our gear, having a pizza, and wishing everybody on the team good luck.” — Football Head Coach Pat Sheahan

“We need to take care of our business and pray that the football gods will take care of the rest.” —  Football Player Jake Puskas“I am surprised a parody video of me stick handling hasn’t gone viral yet.” — Ex-Men’s hockey player Jake Clements

“We have a definite sort of game day prep … and even if I’m watching from home, full confession, I still get decked out in my tricolour.” —  Gaels fan Sue Bates