QJPop: Female faces of 50 shades

So, there’s all this talk of a 50 Shades of Grey movie.

Recently there has been wild rumours flying around about who is going to play female lead, Anastasia Steele.

The most recent prediction is Emma Watson, a rumour which was quickly shot down by the actress via Twitter.

Although there doesn’t seem to be anything concrete about this BDSM film, this whole bit got me thinking about what actresses I think could be in the running.

Anastasia is described as a pale dark haired, blue eyed self-deprecating English major virgin, before she meets Christian Grey. After they meet she is soon whisked into his dark and deviant world and finds a darker part to herself as well.

Keeping this in mind, here are my top three prediction for a 50 Shades casting of Anastasia Steele.

3. Felicity Jones

I just saw her in Like Crazy and she does really have a look that’s more plain, but pretty. She fits Ana’s description almost perfectly and I could see her picking up this film as a break-into-bigger-film project because of its already large fan base as a book.

2. Emilia Clarke

We all know she has no problem taking it all off for Game of Thrones so the film’s racy scenes should be a piece of cake for the talented actress. She’s absolutely beautiful and she seems like she’s up to try something new. Regardless, I’d say she fits the description rather nicely..

1. Nina Dobrev

It’s not the fact that I think Christian should be played by her Vampire Diaries co-star Ian Sommerhalder , it’s the fact that her look and aura is uncannily similar to Ana’s. She’s pretty and has this sort of innocence to her that would fit perfect in this role if she played it up.

To be honest, it’s all up in the air right now. It was originally written as fan fiction for so naturally Kristen Stewart is a pretty bang-on match for Steele. But, come-on, Stewart definitely isn’t touching this one so we have to go for the next best thing.

If this movie does go through, I will be very interested to see who signs on for this controversial flick.

How do you feel about a possible 50 Shades of Grey movie? Would you go see it?

Rachel Herscovici is QJBlogs’ Pop Culture Columnist. She’s a second-year English major and one of the Journal’s Assistant News Editors. Follow her on Twitter @rachelhersci

50 shades of grey, Emilia Clarke, Felicity Jones, Nina Dobrev