Canada Day style guide

Fireworks? Check. Sparklers? Check. Friends and family? Check. Outfit? Outfit???

With Canada Day soon approaching, the celebratory activities may be planned out, but what about one of the most important aspects of the day? We’re talking about your outfit, of course. Let’s be real here, we all know that we are going to be taking pictures on Canada Day, and those pictures will end up online, so it’s pretty important that you look good. Instead of stressing, here are a few outfit ideas that will not only make you look patriotic, but très chic.

Outfit #1:

This classic outfit is perfect for just about any Canada Day celebration. Whether you’re eating watermelon by a pool or huddled around a camp fire with sparklers, you’re bound to be the most stylish of all in attendance. The white tank, paired with the red skirt is just enough red and white to show off your patriotism. Add in the Hudson’s Bay bag and a pair of sunglasses, and you’re ready to go!

Outfit #2:

This super cozy, laid- back look is a subtle way of saying “I am Canadian”. This outfit is proof that you don’t have to walk around looking like a Canadian flag to be patriotic on Canada Day. A classic pair of jeans and a black tank can be matched with a Jays cap, as well as a Canadian flag backpack. You can also add red nail polish and a pair of white sunglasses for that extra kick.

Outfit #3:

So what about if you want to sip a Cosmo on a rooftop patio? Then I would suggest this look. This outfit is the most formal look of the three, yet still subtlety patriotic. A cute white skirt, red tank, and chunky heeled sandal ensures that you celebrate Canada’s birthday with style. Match this look with a big floppy hat, a bright red clutch and a pair of sunglasses for an added stylistic push.

Outfit #4:

And finally, let’s not forget about the boys! This outfit is perfect for any guy deciding what to wear on Canada Day. A white shirt, red cardigan, maple leaf printed shoes, and a hat and sunglasses thrown in to accessorize, is really all you need to celebrate. Throw in some fireworks and snacks and you’re bound to have a perfect day.

Canada Day, Fashion, Style