Summer style inspiration

Summer means putting away those sweatpants and sweaters, and breaking out the shorts, sunglasses, and sandals. The realization of not being able to throw on an oversized sweat suit may be overwhelming, but with this style guide, you’ll be having fun and be looking good in the sun in no time.

Outfit 1:

Whether you’re for or against overalls, you’re just going to have to accept that this 90s trend is back and here to stay. Everyone is super nostalgic and #tbt about the 90s anyways, so we may as well embrace it. Overalls can be perfectly paired with a cute lose tank, a pair of sandals and sunglasses. To go one step further — and differentiate yourself from the two-year-old strutting the same outfit — throw on a leather jacket. In addition, toss your hair into a mini samurai bun and you’ll look super cool no matter where you’re off to.

P.S. Overalls are a close cousin of Coveralls, so ArtSci students should definitely embrace this trend.

Outfit 2:

Everybody loves Queen B, so why not advertise it to the world with this “Drunk in Love” tank? Turn up the look by pairing it with high-wasted floral shorts, a pair of funky sandals and a cute black hat. You can also add some funky and quirky jewelry, like this “LOL” bracelet. To bring the outfit up just one more notch, grab a pair of cute shades.

Outfit 3:

This look is if you’re headed to the beach or by Queen’s beautiful lakefront view. While this bathing suit may leave behind some strange tan lines, it is well worth the fashion sacrifice. In addition to the monokini, a white cover-up, a pair of tinted sunglasses and a straw hat are all key essentials to looking great and staying cool in the hot summer sun.

Outfit 4:

And now, let’s hear it for the boys. This summer outfit, while super simple, is also very put together. The tank and the shorts will keep you cool, with a black backwards baseball hat to protect you from the sun. A big pair of sunglasses not only will protect you from the rays, but will make you look very chic and pulls the whole outfit together.

Outfits, Style, summer