Shrimp-stuffed avocados

I’ve come across many pictures of stuffed avocado on Pinterest and Instagram, but they’ve never really explained how to make it.

I finally came up with my own recipe. All the ingredients are relatively healthy, rich in protein and contain good fats. Even the butter isn’t that bad for you, if eaten in moderation. It’s better than margarine, which contains more chemicals and oils. The other ingredients, such as shrimp, avocado and eggs, are all whole foods, which helps with digestion and metabolism. Eggs and shrimp also have loads of protein that will give you energy through the day.

You can’t go wrong with avocados ― they’re rich in omega-3 and contain heart-healthy fatty acid.

Here’s the recipe below to make a healthy and filling snack.

Ingredients:

½ tsp. of butter

1 tsp. of salt (add more or less according to your taste)

1 egg

4 pieces of shrimp (thawed)

½ an avocado

1 tsp. of Dijon mustard

1 tsp. of garlic powder or fresh garlic

1 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional)

Instructions:

1. Cut your avocado in half and save the other half for later use. Preheat oven to 350° F.

2. Boil your egg for about 7-8 minutes.

3. While the egg is boiling, combine butter, shrimp, chopped garlic (if you don’t have garlic powder) and salt into a pan and cook until it’s crispy. Chop it up into smaller pieces and set aside.

Note: if you have fresh garlic, it’s best to cook it with the shrimp, but if you don’t, add garlic powder to the other ingredients at the end.

4. Scoop out a good portion of your avocado to make room for the fillings but not all the way to the bottom.

5. In small bowl, combine the avocado, garlic powder (if you’re not using fresh garlic), cayenne pepper, Dijon mustard and chopped shrimp. Mix everything together until all the ingredients are combined and scoop the stuffing into the avocado.

6. Bake 10 minutes, until the avocado and stuffing is warm.

Healthy snacks, recipe, Stuffed avocado