Fauxcoming 2010 Live Blog

Fauxcoming 2010 liveblog

Come back Saturday at 9 p.m. for updates from Aberdeen St.

In the meantime, fill yourself in on this year's Homecoming news. In chronological order:

• Here's the Journal's coverage from last year with a live blog and overheards.
  • This Whig-Standard article from June includes quotes Kingston Police Chief Stephen Tanner indicating that police presence on Aberdeen will be "the same as last year, if not even more."
  • Last week the Globe and Mail published this article on Queen's partying reputation that touched on Aberdeen St and its yearly party. Campus-wide backlash ensued.
  • Earlier this week an unknown person made this Facebook event instigating an alternative location for the street party, to be announced Saturday at 7 p.m. Currently there are over 5,400 people RVSP'd to attend.
  • Thursday the Whig-Standard reported that the police are aware of the event above and that they are watching it closely.
  • The Journal reported Friday that the police are expecting to "respond in a manner that is appropriate to the situation."
  • The AMS and OPRIG have released their "Know Your Rights" pamphlet, a guide to students' rights on the street.
  • The "Queen's Homecoming 2010" Facebook event announced Kingston Field as their location Saturday evening.

—Tyler Ball