Apps Worth Mentioning

By Trilby Goouch
Blogs Editor

There’s no doubt that Instagram has taken over the social media world; posting albums on Facebook seems like a thing of the past when you can simply ‘insta’ photos on your nights out or as you travel abroad. Instragram has lead to the development of photo-editing apps that can make your photo that much better. Here are a iPhone apps to check out.

Photoshop Express: This app allows you to do basic photo editing with the swipe of your finger; some of its features include adjusting the saturation, creating contrast, adding a glow, cropping and adjusting exposure.

Price: FREE

Pixlromatic: An app that boasts even more (and arguably better) filters than Instagram; these filters give more of a sophisticated edge to photos.

Price: FREE

Colour Splash: Isolate specific colours in your photos and grey-out the rest for a cool effect with the tap of your finger. It looks especially cool on photos of flowers or landscapes.

Price: $0.99

Diptic: Collage your photos based on a wide variety of templates and edit them as you go.

Price: $0.99

Picgrunger: An app that offers filters that create an aged, vintage look to your photos, such an acid burn or parchment paper effect.

Price: $0.99

Camera +: A photo app that gives unique filters (the ‘clarity’ filter gives a really cool effect). It also boasts a stabilizer and timer to maximize your photo-taking ability.

Price: $0.99

Got any other recommendations? Let us know!