Female Athlete of the Week

Angela Sullivan – Women’s Soccer

Midfielder Angela Sullivan looks to recieve a pass in Wednesday afternoon’s win over RMC. Sullivan scored the game-winning goal against the Paladins.

On a women’s soccer team with only one graduating member, leadership roles quickly trickle down to the younger players. Second-year midfielder Angela Sullivan thrives in these conditions. She scored the game-winning goal against the University of Ottawa Gee-Gees this past Sunday to put the Gaels comfortably in first place in the OUA. She also scored the game-winning goal against the Royal Military College Paladins on Wednesday afternoon.

Sullivan said she’s happy with her role on the team.

“I do feel like I’m taking more of a leadership role,” she said. “It’s great to be in a position like this, contributing to the team and seeing everything come together.” Boasting a 12-1-2 record, things truly have come together in what has been a fantastic season for the women’s soccer team. Well on their way to the post-season, Sullivan said the pressure of playoff soccer won’t permeate the team’s confidence.

“[We play] every game with exactly the same mentality,” she said. “Always focused, looking to keep it going through the playoffs.” Sullivan said the team’s young talent can be largely attributed to head coach Dave McDowell’s solid recruiting.

“We’ve improved so much just this year.”

—Lauri Kytömaa

What is your favorite team in any sport?

I’m a pretty big fan of the Leafs and Raptors.

Who is your favorite Superhero?

Batman just because he’s the most human. Unlike all the other superheroes, he doesn’t have any power.

What do you think about UnderArmour?

Really big fan, really comfortable. I wear them for every game. So comfortable.

What is on your iPod?

Basically everything. Studying for midterms and tests [I listen to] a lot of soft rock.

Mullets or Mohawks?

I’d have to go with Mohawks.

Celebrity Crush?

I have quite a few, but I’ll say Will Smith and Matt Damon.

Any Hidden Talents?

I can move my ears.

Anyone you’d trade lives with for a day?

Oh gosh, I don’t know.

Childhood Dream Job?

Professional athlete.

Chocolate or Vanilla?

Chocolate.