Concurrent Education Students

Concurrent Education Students’ Association (CESA) presidential candidate Anna Pfeiffer, vice-president (external) candidate Thea Pel and vice-president (internal) candidate Laura Sullivan want to make a tight-knit community tighter by becoming more inclusive.

“We want to make sure that everyone knows they’re welcome to come in [to the CESA office] and bridge the gap between years,” Sullivan said.

The team is running for a vote of confidence on Feb. 2 and 3.

Sullivan said the team’s main initiatives are revamping the faculty society’s constitution and improving CESA accessibility by increasing communication.

“We want to make sure everyone knows what’s going on and have frequent meetings with people under our umbrellas,” Sullivan said.

Pfeiffer said the team wants to create a suggestion box on CESA’s website so people can post anonymous suggestions.

The team also wants to invest in a better display case outside the CESA office, located in the JDUC, so people can see faculty events and information when the office is closed.

Pfeiffer said she sits on Equity Caucus, made up of a group of students from different faculty societies.

“We have an equity policy but it’s kind of overlooked right now in general,” she said, adding that the team wants to put the equity policy into CESA’s policy and operations.

Pel said CESA’s an event-focused faculty and its relatively small size means there’s usually a good turnout to events.

“We want to make sure everyone can know about them and run safe, efficient events,” she said.

Voting days are Feb. 2 and 3.