Ron James on campus

Canadian comedian will feature Kingston on his TV show this fall

Comedian Ron James and crew film a portion on Queen’s for an episode of the Ron James Show that will air this fall on CBC. The crew has been filming across Kingston for the past two days, visiting various locations such as the penitentiary museum.

Canadian comedian Ron James was on campus today filming a segment for his TV series, The Ron James Show.

James will feature Kingston in a three-minute segment called Road Odes, which will air in his show’s third season this fall on CBC.

“From a comedian’s perspective, Kingston’s one of the greatest places to play,” James told the Journal in front of the JDUC this afternoon. He said he’s played the Grand Theatre around a dozen times in his 17-year career as a comedian.

“Kingston is one of those cities that puts its pants on one leg at a time,” James said. “It’s authentic ... You can have a plumber and a professor sitting beside each other at a show and laughing at different things about the same joke.”