Editors in Chief elected

• News

Janina Enrile and Alison Shouldice have been elected as the incoming Journal Editors in Chief.

The team won by a 70 per cent vote of confidence last night, with 14 votes in favour and six against.

“It’s overwhelming and we’re very happy to all the people who decided to come out and vote,” Shouldice, ArtSci ’13, said.

Enrile and Shouldice, who serve as the Journal’s Postscript and Features Editors respectively, highlighted the creation of a writer’s handbook, refinement of press day logistics and the reinstatement of assistant photo editor (video), as their three biggest platform initiatives.

“For the writer’s handbook we want to make things as easy as possible for contributing writers,” Shouldice said. “One of the focuses we want to have is attracting contributors to the Journal.

“We want to implement these in order to make Journal life easier on staff and to make the experience better for them and to enhance the experience in anyway that we can in our role,” Enrile, ArtSci ’13, added.

The team began campaigning on Jan. 28, and held a question and answer session at the Grad Club on Wednesday, prior to the vote.

They said they chose to run together because of their ability to work in unison.

“We trust each other entirely,” Enrile added.

— Vincent Matak