Robbery suspects arrested

Curtis D. Smith and Jeff R. Crawford arrested for last week’s robbery near West Campus

Twenty-four year-old Curtis D. Smith and 29-year-old Jeff R. Crawford were arrested last Wednesday after threatening a victim, the identity of whom has not yet been released, with a sheathed knife and demanding for their wallet and other personal belongings.

Crawford was located by the Kingston Police Street Crime Unit at around 1 p.m. the next day near the Concession St. area. Smith was found in the same area later at around 8 p.m.

The incident occurred in the parking lot of the An Clachan residence, near Macpherson Ave. and Van Order Dr. at approximately 6 a.m. last Tuesday.

After the incident, both suspects fled the area westbound on Macpherson Ave. and Van Order Dr.

The two suspects are charged with robbery, wearing a disguise with intent to commit an indictable offence, carrying a concealed weapon and using a weapon in the commission of an offence.

Smith is also charged with two counts of breach of probation and Crawford with one count of breach of probation.

-- Vincent Ben Matak

Tags: