LiquorNow aims to be charitable and profitable

Delivery service looks to prevent drinking and driving while also donating to cancer research

A new alcohol delivery service in town is aiming to raise money for charity and to prevent drinking and driving.

LiquorNow Inc. started running this month and follows the same hours of operation as the local Beer Store and LCBO, where they purchase alcohol for delivery. They deliver liquor, beer and wine to students’ doors, where they ID before handing over the alcohol.

With a $5 flat fee for each delivery, LiquorNow Inc. will donate $0.25 of their profits to the Canadian Cancer Society.

Vice-president Mike Thompson said they chose to donate to this charity because cancer affects so many people.

“Cancer is definitely a prevalent disease,” he said.

“It has touched just about everybody, so we figure it’s definitely a worthwhile cause to contribute to.”

Curtis Lindsey said he thinks the service is useful.

“I have personally used delivery services like these before and found them really useful,” Lindsey, Sci ’17, told the Journal via email.

“It’s also cheaper than a similar service [Dial-A-Bottle] that is available, and it’s nice to know they are doing something positive with their revenue.” In addition to delivering alcohol, LiquorNow Inc. pays to pick up empty bottles — $1 for every dozen. They also deliver for large events that are planned in advance.

The business takes orders online through their website, on the phone and through their Facebook page.

Business