Show off your shoulders with a new trend

Five ways to wear an off-the-shoulder style

Cooling off with ice cream and summery style.

The off-the-shoulder top is making a comeback. This trend comes from a revival of 1960s and 1970s inspired looks that can be seen on the runway and through “festival fashion” at events like Coachella. A key piece in creating this unique and whimsical style, is an off-the-shoulder peasant top. This is one item that many fashion lovers will own, so here are some examples of how to create an outfit that is both unique and true to the trendy bohemian style.

#1: The Classic

Pair a white, off-the-shoulder top with a light wash pair of jeans. Whether the jeans are slim fit or “boyfriend” style, it makes for an effortless outfit that is both appropriate for summer weather and fashionable.

#2: Dress it up

The off the shoulder trend doesn’t have to be limited to a top. Take this style one step further by wearing a dress that bares your shoulders. Pair this dress with high heeled wedge sandals to complete the bohemian look.

#3: Office appropriate or after work drinks

This look can be casual, but it can also be dressed up for work. If you have a summer job and want to stay stylish and professional, pair the top with high-waisted, wide-leg pants. For a more relaxed look, pair your off-the -shoulder top with bell-bottom jeans. If you are working in an upscale office, try pleated palazzo pants.

#4: Add some colour

While most would opt for an off-the-shoulder top in white or black, to make your outfit unique I would suggest purchasing a bold colour or patterned print. A colour that will surely be in demand this season is mustard yellow, thank to Beyoncé’s now famous “Lemonade” dress. If you choose a printed top, I would suggest stripes or a floral design.

#5: The Night Owl

A light off-the-shoulder top can easily cool you down during sunshine daytime lunch dates, but it can also turn the heat up for any nighttime activity, including bar hopping or clubbing. Pair the top with a short, denim skirt that buttons up at the front and a pair of pointed-toe heels for a true ’70s look.

Tags: