Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation attempt to break Queen’s Guinness record unsuccessful

Hospital foundation’s record attempt fell short by over 1,000 people

Image by: Auston Chhor
Queen's attempt at the same record

On a rainy Sunday, the Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation attempted the Guinness world record for the largest human letter, leaving the participants of Queen’s recent event holding their breath. 

What an inspirational shot! Can’t wait to see the aerial view! #jointhej https://t.co/eTnSN8KEMz

— Jo Brant Hospital (@Jo_Brant) October 2, 2016

However, unfortunately for the Foundation, their record attempt fell short by over 1,000 people. The Oct. 2 event at Spencer Smith Park in Burlington only attracted 2,334 people according to the Burlington Post, though they had been anticipating as many as 4,000.

#JoinTheJ 2334 people – an excellent effort to make largest J in Burlington! We had fun! Thanks @Jo_Brant

— Leah Reynolds (@LeahSReynolds) October 2, 2016

Queen’s currently holds the record with 3,373 participants who came together on Sept. 6 of this year to form the letter “Q”. The hospital was trying to make the letter “J” for Joseph Brant to show support for the hospital during its campaign for redevelopment and expansion.

Though the Foundation’s event took place after Queen’s, the organization of both events begun before their awareness of the other. 

Thank you #BurlON for coming out yesterday to #jointhej. We formed the 2nd largest letter in the world! Your support means the world to us! pic.twitter.com/AWvW4wYol9

— Jo Brant Hospital (@Jo_Brant) October 3, 2016

Guinness World Record, J, JBHF, Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation, Q