Detectives & family searching for missing Queen’s student

24-year-old Ian McParland last seen on campus on Saturday

McParland is Caucasian, measuring in at 6’2’’ and 180 pounds, with short brown hair, brown eyes, prescription glasses and “noticeable acne on his face”.

Just before 5 p.m. on Oct. 25, Kingston Police and the family of a missing Queen’s student have asked for the public’s help in locating 24-year-old Ian McParland. 

Queen’s staff were the first to become aware of McParland’s absence, and became concerned for his well-being. His family was contacted, who confirmed they haven’t had contact with him since Saturday Oct. 15, when he was seen on the university campus. 

Kingston Police report that McParland hasn’t been at or near his connected address on Sydenham Street. Originally from British Columbia, detectives aren’t aware of what city or province he may be in now. 

According to a Kingston Police release, “normal investigative methods and locations have been tried without success up to this time.” 

He has no associated vehicle and it’s believed, if he attempts travel, it would be by public transport. 

Anyone with immediate information on McParland’s current location is please asked to call 9-1- 1. Non-emergent information can be given to 613-549-4660, or to investigating officer Detective Brad Hughes at 613-549-4660 ext. 6286 or via email at bhughes@kpf.ca.