Missing Queen's student located by Kingston Police

Ian McParland found at 3:15 a.m. at Kingston bus terminal

Ian McParland was reported missing just after 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 25 after family hadn't been in contact with him since Oct. 15.
Supplied by Kingston Police

At approximately 3:15 a.m. on Oct. 26, Kingston Police (KP) safely located missing Queen's student Ian McParland at the Kingston Greyhound bus terminal on John Counter Boulevard. 

McParland had been publicly declared missing just before 5 p.m. on Oct. 25, with KP detectives and McParland's family asking for the public’s help in locating the wayward 24-year-old.

Queen’s staff were the first to become aware of McParland’s absence, and became concerned for his well-being. His family was contacted, who confirmed they hadn’t had contact with him since Saturday Oct. 15, when he was last seen on the university campus. 

KP reported at the time that McParland hadn’t been at or near his connected address on Sydenham Street. Originally from British Columbia, detectives weren’t aware of what city or province he could have moved to.

In the evening of Oct. 25, Principal Daniel Woolf issued a statement expressing his concern for the missing student, noting that the University would help Kingston Police in any way they could to locate him. 

Upon locating him at the bus terminal, KP transported McParland to a safe location, where his family was notified and he was removed from police missing persons lists. 

"Kingston Police wish to thank Queen's University, our media partners and members of the public for their assistance in safely locating Mr. McParland," KP stated in their press release.