Vice Principal of Research to depart for Ryerson University by February 2017

On Nov. 23, Principal Daniel Woolf announced that Vice Principal (Research) Steven Liss will be stepping down as of February 28, 2017 in order to pursue a new job as the Vice President of Research and Innovation at Ryerson University. 

Principal Woolf congratulated Dr. Liss on his new position and said that he would be greatly missed as part of the Queen’s community in a statement released by Queen’s Communications on Wednesday.

For the period of March 1 to Dec. 31 2017, John Fisher of the Biomedical and Molecular Sciences faculty has agreed to serve as the interim vice-principal of research. Fisher is already currently serving as an associate vice-principal of research here at Queen’s as well as the director of research for Queen’s Health Sciences.

The search process for a new permanent replacement Vice Principal will begin in the early spring of next year.

Daniel Woolf, John Fisher, Ryerson University, Steven Liss, Vice Principal (Research)