Campus radio promotes research at Queen’s

CFRC continues popular radio shows Grad Chat and Blind Date with Knowledge

Image supplied by: file photo

Campus radio station CFRC 101.9 hopes to discuss ongoing research at Queen’s with the return of Blind Date with Knowledge and Grad Chat. 

Blind Date with Knowledge, a radio show and podcast, is a collaboration between the Office of the Vice-Principal (University Relations), CFRC, and host Barry Kaplan—a Kingston community member. It hopes to make information about ongoing research at the University more accessible. 

“Knowledge mobilization and translation is an increasingly important aspect of the research process,” said Associate Director of Research Profile and Initiative, Melinda Knox. “It’s not always easy to explain one’s research to non-specialists, but the show provides an interactive, fun and engaging platform to do this successfully.”

Grad Chat, a show first aired in Jan. 2016, shines the spotlight on Queen’s graduate and post-doctoral research. Working with the School of Graduate Studies, the show has hosted over 130 guests.

It aims to promote the student experience and open the door to Queen’s research.

“These research-focused radio shows and podcasts are a creative and accessible way for non-specialists to learn about the breadth and depth of the research being conducted by both faculty and grad students at Queen’s,” said Interim Vice-Principal (Research) Kimberly Woodhouse.

Blind Date with Knowledge will air bi-weekly on Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. and Grad Chat will host guests every Tuesday at 4 p.m.

CFRC, radio