News in Brief: police report

Journal File photo

Police investigate incident on Stuart Street

Police are asking the public for information on a Nov. 3 incident on Stuart St, according to a Nov. 7 police release. 

The incident occurred at approximately 8:30 p.m, when a female student passed Adelaide Hall at the corner of Stuart St and University Avenue. A driver approached her and asked for directions. When she approached his vehicle, the man was masturbating.

The student walked away from the vehicle, while the suspect followed her in the car, and asked for her to come back. The suspect was driving a small white car.

The male is described as a Caucasian in his mid-30s with a beard and an average frame.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Detective Lisa Damczyk at 613-549-4660 ext. 6162 or via email at ldamczyk@kingstonpolice.ca

For on campus incidents, Queen’s students should also contact Campus Security and Emergency Services at 613-533-6080 to file a report.

24-year-old man charged with breach of probation, two counts of assault

Police arrested a 24-year-old man Tuesday. According to a Nov. 7 Kingston Police bulletin, he assaulted a woman, identified as his girlfriend, on Division Street.

Before the arrest, the accused met the victim finishing work. He proceeded to argue with her. The situation escalated and he punched her eye. Driving home, the accused called the woman profane words before he forced her to stop the car, pulling her hair and yelling at her.

After arguing, the two pulled over on Division Street, where the accused assaulted the victim.

Witnesses to the incident called the police. Officers arrived at the scene and noted injury to the victim. The accused was arrested then transported to police headquarters.

Following a bail hearing the next day, the man was charged with two counts of assault and breach probation.

Police investigate assault on Aberdeen Street

Police are looking for information about a Nov. 3 assault on Aberdeen Street, according to a Nov. 6 Kingston Police report.

The incident occurred at approximately 12:50 a.m., during an Aberdeen Street party where multiple attendees wore costumes, including three of the four victims who were dressed as cows.

The suspect was seen arguing with one of the victims before witnesses separated them.

Shortly afterward, the suspect allegedly charged and assaulted the victim.

The suspect began to assault the other victims, causing a nearby witness to intervene and police to be called.

The suspect ran north on Aberdeen Street before heading west down Johnson Street.

The suspect is 18-20 years old and is described as Caucasian. According to witnesses, he was of medium build, approximately six feet tall, and was dressed in all black, from his pants to his hoodie and jacket.

Anyone with information about the incident should contact Constable Lapierre at 613-549-4660 ext. 6382 or via email at alapierre@kingstonpolice.ca.