Carr-Harris in pictures

The 34th annual tilt between Queen’s and RMC through a lens

The teams lined up below the Leon’s Centre lights last Thursday for the 34th annual Carr-Harris Cup.

On Thursday, Feb. 6, a record-setting 4,121 people packed the Leon’s Centre to watch the RMC Paladins and Queen’s Gaels duke it out for the 34th annual Carr-Harris Cup. Here’s the game in photos.

RMC and Queen’s have been rivals since 1886. Duncan Campbell and Christopher Paquette face off in RMC territory. Credit: Daniel Green.

Jaren Burke gets a shot off in the first period. The Gaels tallied 40 shots over the course of the game, while RMC managed 25. Credit: Daniel Green.

The game was primarily a physical affair—neither team scored in the first, but bodies were flying. Jaden Lindo crunches a Paladin near the boards. Credit: Daniel Green.

Queen’s Luke Edwards broke the stalemate at 11:44 in the second period on an assist by Jared Bethune. Bethune added one three minutes later on an assist from Edwards, and the Gaels were up 2-0 heading into the final period. Credit: Daniel Green.

RMC stormed back in the third period with a goal by Marshall Skapski at 10:34 and then the equalizer by Rhett Willcox with less than five minutes to play. Credit: Daniel Green.

When you’ve been rivals for 134 years, things are bound to boil over now and again. The Gaels take exception here to a hack by RMC’s Seamus Maguire on Queen’s goalie Luke Richardson. Credit: Daniel Green.

Brandon Schuldhaus wins it. With three minutes to go, the rookie defenceman picked a memorable time to score his first U SPORTS goal. His powerplay wrister from the point snaked through a crowd and past RMC netminder Joey May. The Gaels’ Josh Curtis would add an empty-netter. Credit: Daniel Green.

Schuldhaus was awarded the Mary Carr-Harris trophy as the game’s MVP. Credit: Daniel Green.

The Gaels improve to 21-11-2 in the Carr-Harris Cup. Credit: Daniel Green.