AJA hires 2020-21 senior management

Incoming AMS 2020-21 senior management.

The incoming AMS executive, consisting of President-elect Jared den Otter, Vice-President-elect (Operations) Alexandra Samoyloff, and Vice-President-elect (University Affairs) Alexia Henriques, have assembled their senior management team for the 2020-21 year.

“We’re incredibly excited to be working with our team. In the coming weeks we will work closely with our outgoing counterparts to ensure an efficient transition period,” den Otter wrote in a Feb. 25 press release. “Our team is very eager to begin advocating for and working in the best interests of all our peers here at Queen’s.” 

The individuals making up the team were announced in the press release. Caroline Hart has been hired for the position of secretary of internal affairs; Charlotte Galvani has been hired for the position of commissioner of campus activities; Matthew Mellon has been hired for the position of commissioner of external affairs; and Angela Sahi has been appointed the next social issues commissioner. 

Olivia Stanton will take over as director of clubs; Patrice Oliveira will be the next director of communications; and Emma Solecki has been hired for the position of director of sponsorship and alumni. Kassandra Greenhalgh has been hired as the new AMS director of marketing; Eve Garrison has been hired as the next director of human resources; and Nathaniel Gerchikov will take over as director of information technology. 

Nine new managers have also been hired to run various AMS services. Thaarane Sethunathan has been hired as the AMS pub services manager; Caroline Uchida will be the next Tricolour Outlet manager; Jessica Brender will be the next Printing & Copy Centre head manager; Wendy Li will be the next manager of Queen’s Student Constables; and Peter Mendolia has been hired as the next manager of the Peer Support Centre.

Emily Thompson has been hired as the next Common Ground Coffeehouse Café manager; Benjamin Davies has been hired as the next manager of Walkhome; Raj Brar will take over as the next StudioQ manager; and Julia Anderson has been hired for the position of Student Life Centre manager.

AMS, AMS hiring, senior management