Shoshannah Bennett Dwara voted next undergraduate trustee

CFRC wins second referendum vote

Image supplied by: Supplied by Shoshannah Bennett Dwara
Shoshannah Bennett Dwara.

Shoshannah Bennett Dwara was elected the next undergraduate trustee on Wednesday night, beating three other candidates.

“I am incredibly grateful to have the responsibility of advocating for the interests of undergraduate students,” Dwara wrote in a statement to The Journal following the release of the results. 

The ranked election was held from March 24 to 25. Bennett Dwara was elected over three other candidates—Aidan Turnbull, Michael Zhang, and Michael Fraser.

Zhang was eliminated in the first round of voting, earning 211 votes. Fraser, with 361 votes, was eliminated in the second round. Turnbull fell behind Bennett Dwara with 527 votes.

Bennett Dwara was elected with 738 votes in her favour. In total, 2,481 students voted in the election.

“I am excited to have the continued involvement of the undergraduate community throughout the next year,” she said. “Thank you for being a part of the revolutionary change we will ignite at Queen’s, together.”

Students also voted a second time for a CFRC fee, which failed to earn success in the January referendum. With 60.9 per cent of the vote in its favour, the storied radio station became another fee on the student fee slate for the upcoming school year. 

Corrections

This article has been corrected to reflect the nature of CFRC’s new status.

The Journal regrets the error

Undergraduate Trustee