Queen’s identifies no new cases of COVID-19

Tracker reports nine total cases in residence, 14 off-campus

Image by: Maia McCann
There have been 23 cases of COVID-19 reported to Queen’s since Aug. 31.

As of Thursday evening, Queen’s had reported no new cases of COVID-19 in the campus community this week.

The University has also updated its online COVID-19 tracker to reflect which cases are identified in residence and which are identified in off-campus housing.

The statistics on the tracker reflect positive cases of COVID-19 within the Queen’s community in the Kingston, Frontenac, and Lennox & Addington (KFL&A) region, as confirmed by the University over the course of the noted week.

Every positive case listed on the tracker has been identified by local public health authorities and reflect the initiation of proper isolation and contact tracing protocols.

READ MORE: Law faculty board votes in favour of de-naming Sir John A. Macdonald hall

The tracker recorded three new positive cases of COVID-19 off-campus during the week of Oct. 5 to 11. 

There have been 23 cases of COVID-19 reported to Queen’s since Aug. 31, including nine in residence and 14 off-campus.

The statistics are updated daily at approximately 2 p.m. from Monday to Friday. 

Students who report feeling ill should self-isolate and contact Public Health. More information on appropriate protocols is available on Queen’s COVID-19 Information website at www.queensu.ca/covidinfo.

Covid-19