Six new cases of COVID-19 reported at Queen’s

Mitchell Hall Testing Centre to close Dec. 10 for winter break

The Centre will reopen in January for the winter term.

The University has reported six new cases of COVID-19 in the Queen’s community as of Tuesday morning.

According to the University’s updated COVID-19 case tracker, all six cases of the virus have been identified off-campus. 

READ MORE: December Senate: academic integrity breaches increased in 2019-20 year

Queen’s has identified a total of 34 cases since Aug. 31, including nine cases in residence and 25 off-campus. Kingston, Frontenac, and Lennox & Addington (KFL&A) Public Health is reporting 54 active cases in the region as of Dec. 7. 

While students can currently book an appointment at Queen’s Satellite COVID-19 Assessment Centre in Mitchell Hall through Student Wellness Services, the Centre will be closed from Dec. 10 to Jan. 10 for the winter break. 

Students can get tested at the Kingston community Beechgrove location during this period, which is open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Appointments at this location must be booked online.

KFL&A Public Health raised the community status from green to yellow on Nov. 23 at the direction of the provincial government. There has been a total of 314 positive cases in the KFL&A region since the beginning of the pandemic.

Want to see more like this? Subscribe to our newsletter, Campus Catch-Up to receive regular updates right in your inbox.

Tags: