Undergraduate Trustee candidate “procrastinates” platform

In social media post, Seyon Shelvachandren asks voters to give him “a minute”

The candidates will speak about their platforms and debate on Feb. 4. 

Though today is the first official day of the campaign for Undergraduate Trustee candidates, Seyon Shelvachandren said he’s “procrastinating” on his campaign.

In a post shared on Facebook, Selvachandren asked voters to follow his campaign on Instagram, but noted that the campaign itself wasn’t ready to be shared.

“Follow “@voteseyon” on insta (sic) for all the changes to Queen’s I want to tell you about, eventually,” Selvachandren wrote.

The Instagram account had only one post at the time of publication, which did not contain any platform information. 

Jaya Sharma, the other candidate running for the position, launched her campaign this morning.

The candidates will speak about their platforms and debate on Feb. 4 at 7 p.m. 

Students will have the chance to vote at the 2021 Winter Referendum Feb. 9 and 10. The results are expected in the evening of Feb. 10.