ASUS becomes ASSES for April Fool’s Day

Outgoing and incoming ASUS executive announce prank rebranding

The rebranding was announced on social media April 1.
ASUS

For April Fool’s Day, the Arts and Science Undergraduate Society (ASUS) played the biggest prank of all: a fake rebranding.

David Niddam-Dent, outgoing ASUS president; Matt D’Alessandro, outgoing ASUS vice-president; Alyth Roos, incoming ASUS president; and Brandon Aldworth, incoming ASUS vice-president announced the rebranding April 1—including a change to ASUS’s name, porch, and logo.

“Following in the success of our ASUS 130 reforms, we decided to launch ASSES into operations next year with a full-scale rebrand,” D’Alessandro said in the press release.

They changed ASUS’s name to the Arts and Science Student Educational Society (ASSES), because, according to the press release, many students struggle to pronounce ASUS correctly—they say “Ay-sus” instead of “Ah-sus.”

They also changed the ASUS logo to the shape of a peach and pretended to repaint the porch yellow. This change was led by outgoing and incoming Marketing Officers Kayla Melbourne and Katie Hunt to help the building stand out on University Avenue. 

ASSES is also planning to re-introduce the ASSES Movie Theatre and to construct a monument of ASSES’s founders, John, John, and John, who graduated from Arts in 1890. Other changes include making the Arts and Science jackets and Orientation Coveralls ASSES yellow.

“The Society prioritizes engaging its students and is excited to finally have a brand to match that priority,” the press release said.