Sports in Brief: Week 10

Every Gaels game from the last week, all in one article

Highlighting this week's brief are the women's soccer team, who finished 5th at the U Sports Championship over the weekend.

Varsity Sports

Football

The Men’s Football Team fell to the Western Mustangs 29-0 in the 113th Yates Cup on Nov. 20, effectively putting an end to their 2021 campaign. Their loss against the Mustangs was the first and only of their season. They finish the year with a 7-1 overall record.

Soccer

The Women’s Soccer team placed fifth at the U Sports Championships on Sunday after defeating Cape Breton University 3-0 in the tournament’s consolation finals. With that win, the Gaels retire their cleats for the year, ending 2021 with a 13-3 record and an OUA title to their name.

Hockey

The Men’s Hockey Team suffered their first loss of the season on Friday, falling 3-4 to the Ontario Tech Ridgebacks. They face the RMC Paladins this Friday, Nov. 26, at the Memorial Centre. Puck drop will be at 7:30 p.m.

Cross Country

The Men’s and Women’s Cross-Country Teams placed fifth and 10th respectively at the U Sports Championships over the weekend. The top Gaels finisher on the Men’s squad was Mitchell Kirby, placing 10th overall, and the top women’s finisher was Tori Bouck in 38th place. The hosts of the tournament, Laval University, made history at the championship, being the first-place team finishers in both the men’s and women’s categories.

Varsity Clubs 

Squash

The Men’s and Women’s Squash teams opened their seasons over the weekend with two respective wins over the uOttawa Gee-Gees. Their next outing will take place in Toronto this weekend, with opponents still to be determined.

Tags: