All fees pass in AMS Fall Referendum

Two new fees created; four approved for increases, three for continuation

Journal File photo
Between Oct. 29 and 30, students voted in the AMS Fall Referendum. The results, issued on Wednesday, saw all fees pass. 

Voter turnout was 23.2 per cent. 

The vote established two new fees, approved increases for four others, and approved the continuation of three.
As part of the triennial review, the results supported the continuation of the Queen’s Health Outreach fee of $3.75, the Queen’s Space Engineering Team fee of $0.69, and the Camp Outlook 
fee of $1.00. 

The vote also established an opt-out fee of $0.10 to support the open medical education platform, Queen’s Institute for Healthcare Improvement, and an opt-out fee of $0.69 to support the synthetic biology research group, Queen’s Genetically Engineered Machine Team. 

Additionally, the vote approved opt-out fee increases from $0.20 to $0.40 for the group mentorship program, Friday Friends at Queen’s, $2.00 to $2.50 for advocacy group, Queen’s Project on International Development, and $0.50 to $0.75 for environmental advocacy group, Queen’s Backing Action on Climate Change. 

Queen’s Legal Aid also secured an increase from $5.00 to $5.50 for its mandatory fee.

Students will go to the polls again on Jan. 28 and 29, 2019, for