Queen’s reports two new cases of COVID-19

KFL&A community status returns to green

Queen’s has seen a total of 27 cases of the virus: nine in residence and 18 off-campus.

Queen’s total COVID-19 case count rose by two last week. 

According to the University’s COVID-19 case tracker, two new cases were reported in the Queen’s community from Oct. 26 to Nov. 1. Both cases were identified off-campus. 

Since the start of the fall term, Queen’s has seen a total of 27 cases of the virus: nine in residence and 18 off-campus. All the cases have been resolved except for the two reported last week.

According to Kingston, Frontenac, and Lennox & Addington (KFL&A) Public Health’s COVID-19 dashboard, there are currently nine active cases of COVID-19 in the region.  

READ MORE: Students in residence encouraged to limit social circle to five people

KFL&A Public Health returned the community status to green on Oct. 23. They had raised it from green to yellow on Sept. 25 following an increase in case counts.

Green community status refers to the lowest possible level of severity. It represents rare active cases, no active outbreaks, quick contact tracing, full local hospital capacity, ability for positive cases and contacts to isolate and quarantine, and full testing capacity.

READ MORETwo asymptomatic testing centres open in Kingston

“We will continue to see undulations (smooth fluctuations) in the number of cases until there is a vaccine,” Dr. Kieran Moore, chief medical officer for KFL&A Public Health, said in a press release

In accordance with the new community status, KFL&A Public Health will update the dashboard Monday to Friday.

The KFL&A region has seen a total of 184 cases since the start of the pandemic.

“This is the best scenario, and it speaks to how our community is working together to minimize the spread of COVID-19,” Moore said. “We will get through this and what comes next together.”

Want to see more like this? Subscribe to our newsletter, Campus Catch-Up to receive regular updates right in your inbox.

Covid-19