Queen’s reports no new cases, one active case of COVID-19

Total of 28 cases identified during fall term 

There are 28 active cases in the KFL&A region.

Queen’s maintains there’s just one active case of COVID-19 in the Queen’s community as of Thursday afternoon.

According to the University’s COVID-19 case tracker, no new cases of the virus have been reported this week. There was one positive case identified off-campus last week.

READ MORE: Queen’s releases new Campus Wellbeing Framework

The University has identified a total of 28 cases in the Queen’s community since Aug. 31, including nine cases in residence and 19 off-campus. All cases have been resolved except for one. 

Kingston, Frontenac, and Lennox & Addington (KFL&A) Public Health is reporting 28 active cases in the region. They’re currently reporting cases through an online dashboard from Monday to Friday.

KFL&A Public Health returned the community status to green on Oct. 23, referring to the lowest possible level of severity. 

The green community status represents rare active cases, no active outbreaks, quick contact tracing, full local hospital capacity, the ability for positive cases and contacts to isolate and quarantine, and full testing capacity. 

There’s been a total of 233 positive cases in the KFL&A region since the outbreak of the pandemic.

Want to see more like this? Subscribe to our newsletter, Campus Catch-Up to receive regular updates right in your inbox.

Tags: