‘The Queen’s Journal’ vs ‘Western Gazette’: Fantasy Football series—Week 12

The Journal’s picks for start ’em sit ’em picks for Week 12

This is the sixth week of an ongoing ‘start ‘em

After some hard work from our analysts and extra prayers to the football gods, we are pleased to announce we absolutely trampled the Mustangs in last week’s matchup, beating them 30 – (-23) net points, tightening the series to 3-2 in their favour.

In the spirit of American Thanksgiving, here’s to hoping we feast on these Western turkeys again this week to even things up.

Starters ($94)

Justin Herbert and the Los Angeles Chargers are set to square off against the Buffalo Bills this weekend. This game should be both fun and a high-scoring affair. The Bills defence gives up the fifth-most fantasy points to quarterbacks and Herbert has been on fire lately. In the last four weeks, he has put up the second-most fantasy points among quarterbacks. The rookie has come into his own and even with the Chargers struggling this season, Herbert makes them must-see television. Herbert is an easy start this week in fantasy.

Josh Jacobs and the Las Vegas Raiders will play the Atlanta Falcons this week. Simply put, the Falcons are not good and they looked awful on defence last week against the Saints. This week they will face another tough test, as the Raiders offence has been very good this year. In the ground game, Josh Jacobs is the number four running-back in fantasy, and he should run circles around Atlanta’s porous defence. Jacobs is a sure-fire start this week.

Tyreek Hill and the Kansas City Chiefs will head on the road to take on Tom Brady and the Buccaneers. Hill is a must-start play every week—he’s the top wide receiver in fantasy. This week Hill will have the luxury of playing an average Buccaneers secondary that will have their hands full with Kansas City’s vaunted aerial assault.

The Raiders’ Darren Waller also takes on the hapless Atlanta Falcons squad this week. Look for him to build off a strong performance last week against Kansas City. The Falcons defence is one of the worst in the entire NFL and is especially vulnerable to tight ends—they give up the most fantasy points to the position in the NFL, and Waller is one of the league’s best. He is an easy call this week with high potential to explode.

The Miami Dolphins will play the New York Jets this Sunday in a one-sided divisional matchup. The Jets are the worst team in the NFL and their offence is equally terrible. The Dolphins defence, on the other hand, has been one of the biggest surprises this season and are playing at a very high level. The defence is ranked number four this season in fantasy and the team should make quick work of the worst offence in fantasy. Start the Miami defence this week.

Bench ($95)

Drew Lock and the Denver Broncos take on the New Orleans Saints this week as Denver looks to continue its momentum after a win against the Miami Dolphins. However, Lock did not have a touchdown in that game, and his quarterback rating has never been above 100. Interceptions have remained an issue for Lock as well, having thrown at least one in 10 of his last 10 starts. The Saints defence is ranked third overall and looks ready to have a dominant performance. 

Derrick Henry and the Tennessee Titans take on the Indianapolis Colts this week in a rematch from Week Ten. Henry’s performance against the Colts this season has been lacklustre, failing to score a touchdown. His offensive snap count has also been relatively low lately, remaining below 60 per cent in three of the last four weeks. Expect the Colts defence, ranked second overall in the league, to continue to be rough on the Titans run game. 

T.Y. Hilton and the Indianapolis Colts take on the Tennessee Titans this week as the Colts look to sweep their series with their main AFC South rival. Hilton has yet to have a touchdown this season and his targets have not been in the double digits since Week Five against Cleveland. Hilton’s yardage has also remained low, having not broken 50 since that same Cleveland matchup. Against a tough Titans team looking for revenge, T.Y. Hilton will likely continue to struggle.

Mark Andrews and the Baltimore Ravens take on the undefeated Pittsburgh Steelers in a rematch from Week Eight. Andrews has remained inconsistent across this season, having long streaks without a touchdown and low yardage. In that Week Eight game against the Steelers, Andrews had under thirty-five yards and was only targeted six times. Coming with a defence ranked fourth overall, Pittsburgh should be able to limit Andrew’s role. 

The Atlanta Falcons take on the Las Vegas Raiders this week as the Falcons come off a loss to the New Orleans Saints. The Falcons have continued to struggle as the Raiders’ three-game winning streak came to an end after a close game against Kansas City. Ranked 29 overall in the league, the Falcons defence will have trouble containing the Raiders’ running game powered by Josh Jacobs and a versatile threat in the surging Darren Waller.